Monday, February 9, 2009

I believe

I believe the Bible is God's authoritative instruction for my life.

I believe in the work of the Holy Spirit to change and empower lives.

I believe Jesus Christ was sent from God at the ultimate revelation of God's love for humanity. Jesus was born of a virgin, was fully divine and fully human, lived a sinless life, died a sacrificial death, was resurrected by God and has ascended into heaven.

I believe in the second coming of Jesus.

I believe there is an adversarial presence in the world today that desires to tempt, destroy, steal, and confuse our efforts to proclaim the beliefs and teachings of Jesus Christ.

I believe that the local church is God's strategic plan for continuing the work and ministry of Jesus Christ on earth.

I believe there will be a Judgment Day by God that will mark the culmination of time.

I came across this statement of faith today as I was filling out some forms for working with the youth at our church. I love it. I love Jesus!

No comments:

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers