Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Drumroll, please...

I am writing to announce that Jackson is POTTY TRAINED!!!!

This announcement is not made lightly; I have been waiting a few days to make sure we don't have some freak relapse. I think it is safe now, though, to declare Jack's success to the world.

We now have more Accident-Free Days than Accident Days, and he is telling us when he has to go pee-pee! We made it through two 2-hour car trips without an accident, not to mention playing in the snow (in a snowsuit...that was fun to undo for potty time!), and diaper-free nap times for the last 4 days.

I am beyond thrilled.

Of course we still have to be careful and take frequent potty breaks, but they worst is definitely over and I no longer live in constant fear of an accident.

The best part is that the hard-core training only took about 10 days to get to this point! WOO HOO!!!!!

I'm so glad we didn't give up; it was tempting on that first day when he had an accident after only 20 minutes in his big boy underwear, but I am so glad we stuck with it.

3 comments:

Suz said...

Hooray!!! Next step is to get Bo potty trained!

Anonymous said...

wahoo!! Congrats and way to go Jack!!

Kelly said...

Good for you! Super MOM! Woo to the Hoo!

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers