Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Honesty Scraps

Suzy tagged me on her Honesty Scraps blog so now I shall attempt to be interesting. 10 interesting things about me. Here goes!

1. I, like Suzy, am afraid of the tiny pink geckos. I think it is because one jumped out of our pantry at me once. NOT COOL.

2. I have lived in 4 different states, and in 11 different "homes" in my 25 years. 2 houses in Michigan, 1 in Connecticut, and apartment in Virginia, a house in Virginia, 2 different dorms in Texas, 3 apartments in Texas, and 1 house in Texas. Soon, I hope we will make it an even dozen when we finally get our own place in Virginia!

3. I love music; I always have. Even now that mostly all I listen to is Christian music, it is very important to me. In fact, I think that is the most important part of going to church for me, is the corporate worship. Don't get me wrong, I love hearing the pastor preach the Word, but there is something really special about worshiping God through singing at the top of our voices. It can be the most sincere form of "offering," I think.

4. I am socially awkward. Don't get me wrong, I love having friends and hanging out with people, but it has always been pretty difficult for me to make friends. You'd think after all the moving I've done in my life I would have mastered that art, but not so. It's still something I struggle with.

5. I hate lima beans. I love most vegetables, but I cannot and will not eat lima beans. They are disgusting abominations.

6. I started working on a farm when I was 12, and got my first job (at Freshens Yogurt) when I was 14. 6 months later I began working at a restaurant at Wintergreen and I worked there until I was almost 18. Then I worked at Ruby Tuesday until I moved to Texas at age 19. In Texas I worked at the Red River Cafe for a few months, then worked at Mangia Pizza for 3 years. I have paid my dues in the service industry.

7. I found out I was pregnant with Jack 1 month before graduating college. That meant that although I did graduate, I have never held a job in my chosen field of study, English. That used to bother me until I joined the writers' missional community at our church--now I get to use what a learned and the best part is that I get to use it for JESUS!!!!!

8. I have broken 2 bones in my lifetime: my ankle (fell off my bike when I was 7 or 8) and my arm (fell rollerblading when I was 10). The ankle hurt so bad I cannot describe it. My arm didn't hurt that much, and I went several days without even seeing a doctor about it.

9. I have had strep throat 10 times. When I was little, I had it a lot; I think I had it 8 times between ages 6 and 10. Then I had it once when I was 17, and once this past November.

10. The only salad dressing I really like is the Good Seasons Italian kind that you buy in packets and mix yourself. That stuff is sooooooo good!!! I will make myself a salad in the middle of the day, just so I can eat it.

Okay that's that. Pretty boring. Now....Mom and Erin! Your turn!

1 comment:

Suz said...

1. Those geckos are seriously a problem!!

2. Lima beans: the veggie that God shouldn't have made.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers