Thursday, March 12, 2009

#1 Ultrasound of #2!


Today was the first ultrasound of baby #2! It was, of course, very exciting. The coolest thing ever is that even though this baby was conceived mere weeks ago, her (I call her a girl for now until I am told otherwise haha) little heart was beating away. Coolest thing ever to see that little peanut with the flashing light of life in her chest. So cool.

The rest of the appointment also went well...there are a few concerns though. The doctor seems to think I am going to have similar issues with this pregnancy as I had when I was pregnant with Jack (PIH and IUGR). She doesn't really seem to think it's a question of "if," but "when." That was a bit discouraging, but we will just have to remain in prayer.

The other thing was that when they ran my blood work, my thyroid function came back slightly abnormal. They re-ran the test and it came back okay, but they are going to have to keep an extra close eye on it throughout the pregnancy.

Anyway, for now, everything is fine and dandy!

1 comment:

Tabitha (From Single to Married) said...

oh my goodness - look at that little baby!! So exciting. :)

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers