Thanksgiving was so much fun.
I'll admit it, I was a little nervous to be roasting a turkey for the first time with a bunch of other rookies, but it all turned out great, and we actually had a really good time making dinner. I think the fact that none of us knew what we were doing made it even more fun, because it was a kind of adventure.
5 things I did that I never thought I would do to a turkey:
1. Massage it (with butter)
2. Pour hot water up its butt (to melt remaining ice)
3. Pull its organs out of its butt
4. Put them back in (okay Kelli did that part, but I watched...haha)
5. Shove onions, celery and parsley up its butt
I think that about covers it.
At dinner, we went around the table a few times and had everyone name some things they were thankful for. It was nice. Here are some highlights:
Some things I am thankful for:
1. My siblings, especially my sisters. Having sisters is such a privilege.
2. My parents. Not many would let their 25 year old (with husband and son) move in with them and their 7 at-home children, even if it is temporary!
3. The few friends I have that I know I can trust 100%. They are few, but they are worth a trillion fake friends.
4. The fact that God loves us so much, despite the darkness of our evil hearts.
Fedila and Temima both said they were thankful to be celebrating their first Thanksgiving, and that they were thankful to be in our family.
My mom is thankful for all her kids.
Jack is thankful for Sam. "Yayyyyy Sam!!!"
Rachel is really, really thankful for her older sisters, especially Caitlyn.