Monday, September 29, 2008

We made it.

We arrived at my parents' house in Mechanicsville, Virginia around 7 pm last night (Sunday). Just in time to see the Redskins kick the poo out of the Cowgirls!!!! YYEEEESSSSSSS

The drive was long. We left our house in Austin at about 7 am Saturday morning, arriving in Nashville at about 9:30 pm. We slept until 5:15 am and were on the road before 6. Around 10 am, just east of Knoxville, Tennessee, one of the tires on our Uhaul truck blew out. We ended up waiting about 2 1/2 hours for the Uhaul people to come out and fix it, and then we were back out on the road.

Sunday's drive wasn't as bad as Saturday's because we were pretty much driving through the mountains the whole time. I will definitely post photos eventually! It was a beautiful drive. Beautiful, but long. VERY LONG. We were on the road for a total of 28 hours, including stops, which were minimal. We are both worn out and definitely not too eager to get back in the car anytime soon. Not to mention the fact that I came down with a terrible cold the day we left. It was a blast.

This morning we got up early and went to my dad's office to unload the Uhaul (he's letting us use his warehouse space to store our stuff until we find a house). The warehouse guys helped us out very kindly, and it didn't take long! Of course, it could not be without incident. I decided, being the huge klutz that I am, to split my lip while unloading some of Jack's larger toys. Fun times. I felt like a huge sissy....but I didn't cry! Hahaha....

After unloading we returned the Uhaul, which was a bit of a fiasco in itself, but overall it was fine. We then met with our realtor and looked at some houses. Unfortunately we didn't see much that we liked, but we are going out again tomorrow and I think we have some promising houses on the agenda. We are planning to meet with the realtor in the afternoon, after lunch at the Smokey Pig (Virginia BBQ....mmmmmm).

More updates later, when I'm not quite so delirioius!!!

1 comment:

Suz said...

it is unreal how much I miss you. And how much I'm clinging to your blog to feel close to y'all. I mean, I'm excited for you, and you bet your sweet keester I'm coming to see you when you get a house and all settled in. But in the mean time... you know...

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers