Sunday, July 6, 2008

A Post from Bo

As I observed Eryn and Jack in the backyard from our kitchen window the other day I slowly remembered what a beautiful wife I have and how amazing she truly is, and what a silly little son Jack is becoming. I also came to remember how much I appreciate the smallest things in life, you see as Eryn turned in circles around our yard, Jackson was tailing her like he was wearing a leash with his hands in the air saying, "Up, Up, Up." I literally about lost it, in tears of joy, I stopped and thanked God for the most unbelievable blessing I have been given, my family, they are such a wonderful gift to me. I know that I'm a difficult person to be around most of the time, but bless Eryn for her patience with me, I know that God is having to dish out a little more of that in her each day, so praise Him for that.

Which brings me to this, life is way too short to be focused on the negatives, just the other day I had a chance to comfort one of my co-workers because he was fearing his job over a mistake, (he is a believer) and I just told him to remain focused on what's important; serving Christ and seeking the Kingdom first and let God bless you beyond measure. He is 44 years old with 2 teenage daughters, and I encouraged him to be fervent in prayer and to be patient to the things of the Lord. My only hope is that my job will continue to allow me to be a witness to the Glory of God and as my mission field, others will come to know Jesus as their Lord and saviour.

Final Point...
As everyone continues on with their daily lives, let's collectively be strong in our faith, and let's bring some of these lost souls to Christ. I'm not much of a public speaker, but I have the ability to spark random conversations with random people anytime, anywhere I am. I just ask that I am kept in prayer that I will be more bold and step in faith to use this tool to continue to witness to others. We are in the last days, and if you don't believe me, believe Paul's prophecy to Timothy, 2 Timothy 3 : 1-5 "But know this, that in the last days perilous times will come: For men will be lovers of themselves, lovers of money, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy, unloving, unforgiving, slanders, without self-control, brutal, despisers of good, traitors, headstrong, haughty, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God, having a from of Godliness but denying its power."
I feel that it is crucial times as Christans, and if you are not a Christan reading this blog, well, contact me ASAP, but as Christians, we need to really fulfill the Great commision wherever you are; whether you are at work, home, school, or just out and about, take a second to slow your life down and tell one person about Jesus and His mercy and grace. If we can do that collectively each day, then millions will be saved, but it starts with faith; just know that the Holy spirit resides in you, and let Him give you the words to speak.

Thank you for reading my rant, but I had to say this, and I hope it helps in anyway. Otherwise, praise God, and thanks be to Him for everything. Also, pray for our family vacation that begins next weekend, we will be doing the Michigan thing again. It should be an awesome time and I hope Jack loves it.

No comments:

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers