Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Merely 10 of the Many Reasons my Mom is a SuperMom!

Please vote for my mom, Carrie DeLille, as Richmondmom.com's SuperMom! She is so deserving!

10. She has listened to God's call for her life: adoption. 7 (8 if you count Isaac, who is not home yet) of my siblings are adopted. My mom never thought she would have more than 3 children, but God wanted her to be an instrumental part of His plan for taking care of the widows and orphans of the world. When God called her name, she said "Here I am."

9. She shows me how to be a good wife to my husband. She has shown me what it means when 2 become one flesh, and what it means for a wife to be submissive to her husband while still being equal as a human being.

8. She is an awesome grandma! Every week, Jack spends a night at her house, and he LOVES it. He loves his "gwamma."

7. She let us live at their house for 10 months, rent-free, so that we could get on our feet financially.

6. When I was on bed rest with Lily, she helped me in some way every single day (for 4 weeks!). She brought over food, took Jack out for fun outings, brought my brothers and sisters over to play with Jack, and cleaned my house. I don't know what I would have done without her.

5. She is so encouraging. She periodically will tell me verbally or send me a note saying that I am a good mother and that she is proud of me. Her encouragement always comes at just the right times.

4. When I found out less than 24 hours in advance that I would be induced to deliver Jackson, she was on a plane from Virginia early the next morning and arrived in Austin before his birth. She stayed with me and helped me figure out the newborn thing as a first-time mommy with a preemie.

3. When Lily was first born, she spend a week at my house helping with Jack and taking some of the middle of the night feedings so that I could get some rest. She made sure I was able to take some down-time, even when I thought I was okay, so that I could let my body heal.

2. When I got the stomach flu a couple of months ago, she brought me popsicles and took care of Jack.

1. My teen years. 'Nuff said.

1 comment:

Suz said...

I can't believe she didn't win, dude.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers