Monday, April 19, 2010

Love Means Never Having to Say You're Sorry

I have decided that I'm done apologizing.

That's right. No more apologies.
No, I'm not talking about life in general; I'm talking about the Gospel.

For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ, [fn] for it is the power of God to salvation for everyone who believes, for the Jew first and also for the Greek. [Romans 1:16]

For a long time I have worried too much about whom I may offend when I talk about Jesus. Not anymore. I asked myself this question: Which is more important: to not offend anyone in this life, or to do everything I can to make sure those I love are saved in the next life?

The answer is pretty obvious. So, as long as I am "speaking the truth in *love*, I have nothing to apologize for [Ephesians 4:15].

This does NOT mean that I am going to go around, intentionally offending people and spewing doctrine all day long--THAT IS NOT LOVE.

But I will no longer apologize for loving my Lord, and I will no longer shy away from sharing His love with everyone I know. If people are offended by Love, that just means they need it all the more. So, I will keep sharing, and hopefully they will eventually be ready to hear it. When they are, I [and GOD!!!] will be ready and waiting.

Life is too short to waste time mincing words. What if that person you love is in a fatal accident tomorrow, and you never shared with them because you were too afraid of offending them? Is that worth it? No way.

Of course I'm not going to be in peoples' faces all the time. I'm not going to be some sort of preachy weirdo. But I'm going to do my best to live for Christ and show His love to everyone [as best I can]. I'm going to love Jesus and talk about Him the way I always want to. Uncensored.

It's an emergency! People are dying!


**Note: Due to my incredibly IMPERFECT nature, my ability to live out this statement is...well, limited. But I am going to do my best. To all reading this: Please feel free to hold me accountable. I need it.

No comments:

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers