Friday, April 10, 2009

The day that True Love died

Today is the anniversary of that day--the day that True Love, in the form of Jesus Christ, died.

Phil Wickham sings:

"When blood and water hit the ground,
Walls we couldn't move came crashing down

Tears were filling heaven's eyes
The day that True Love died."

Jesus knew what was happening; the night before He was crucified, He prayed that if there were any other way, God the Father would spare Him the suffering of death. But He most importantly conceded, "Nevertheless, not My will, but Yours be done."

Hebrews 12:2 Tells us that Jesus knew the shame and suffering that were imminent, but He also knew that the reward of the shame and suffering--namely, saving the world, saving YOU, saving ME--would be worth it. "for the joy that was set before Him, [He] endured the cross, despising the shame."

That joy, the joy that was set before Him, is the promise of eternal life for all who believe in Him as their Savior.

As Jesus hung on the cross, He thought of you. He thought of me. Yes, I believe He literally thought of me, specifically, even though I wouldn't be born for nearly 2000 years. He already knew me and He died for me. And for you. Specifically, you.

He thought, "This is incredible pain and suffering, and I will endure it because that way Eryn will never have to endure it. And that way Eryn and I will get to spend eternity together."

Wow. I love Jesus.

No comments:

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers