Sunday, August 17, 2008

I feel like I'm taking crazy pills!!!

Sometimes it really feels like I am the crazy one, but how can it be?????
I believe in a God who is omnipotent, omnipresent, and omniscient.
I believe in a God who blesses and protects those who follow after Him (Romans 8:28 anyone?)
I believe in a God who never gives us more than we can handle--with His help, of course.
I believe in a God who is lord over all things--not SOME things or MOST things. ALL THINGS.
I believe in a God who stops the wind and the waves with mere words (Matthew 8:26-27).
I believe in a God who created the earth and everything on it with mere words (Genesis 1).
I believe in a God for whom NOTHING is too hard (Genesis 18:14)!
I believe in a God who not only raised others from the dead, but raised Himself after 3 days in the grave!
Are we to believe then that this omnipotent, omnipresent, and omniscient God is incapable of handling our lives' daily matters? Or maybe He is too busy?
Call me crazy, but I say OF COURSE NOT!!!!! NOTHING is too hard for the Lord! I believe in His awesome power not only in the stories of the Bible or in other peoples' lives, but in my life too. I believe that if I will just step out of the way, He can and will do awesome things in my life. And most of all, I believe that He would NEVER EVER steer me down the wrong path. I believe that as long as I am following Him and His word, I will never have to fear again. Call me crazy.
It is so liberating. It seems so complicated, but it is so simple: Let God make the decisions in your life and you have nothing to worry about.

2 comments:

Suz said...

me too. Sometimes, when I'm about to share my faith or talk about something God's been doing in my life, I feel compelled to preface it with, "Now, I know this sounds crazy, but I am not crazy."

Carrie DeLille said...

Amen!

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers