Monday, December 1, 2008

I'm so unworthy,
but still You love me.













I'm so unworthy,
but still You love me.













I'm so unworthy,
but still You love me.













I'm so unworthy,
but still You love me.













Incomprehensible.
In my humanness, in my selfishness, in my evilness, how can I comprehend a love so complete that "neither death nor life, nor angels nor principalities nor powers, nor things present nor things to come, nor height nor depth, nor any other created thing, shall be able to separate [me]from [it]"--not even my own evil heart (Romans 8:38-39)?

Within a heart like mine, which has learned to fear rejection above all, a love such as this is nearly impossible to fathom. Could there possibly be Someone who can "see the depths of my heart and love me the same"?
Shame haunts me. How could anyone forgive my past and present--no, continuous--misdeeds? How could anyone forgive my impure ways, my impure heart?

How could anyone forgive me? And God? God, the One on whom I turned my back so completely that at one point, not so very long ago, I proudly called myself "agnostic"?

God, the Holy Creator of the universe?

God, whose perfection and goodness are beyond all human comprehension?

God, who sees all of my rottenness, even that which has not been exposed to human eyes?

How could God ever forgive me?




But He waits. His patience is everlasting, and He waits for me.













I'm so unworthy,
but still You love me.













I'm so unworthy,
but still You love me.













I'm so unworthy,
but still You love me.













I'm so unworthy,
but still You love me.










But still You love me.

2 comments:

Carrie DeLille said...

Ah yes, another disciple that Jesus loves!! I love you too!!

Carrie DeLille said...

Just saw this verse on my calendar...

"Lo, all these things worketh God oftentimes with man. To bring back his soul from the pit, to be enlightened with the light of the living." Job 33:29-30

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers